Join fellow writers in Central Oregon - new and seasoned - in a 30-day writing challenge. The ground will be warming up, and so will your writing muscles.
On April 1, you will receive an e-book that includes an outline of the writing approach we will practice, along with 30 days of writing prompts. Each day you will write for ten minutes on the assigned prompt.
On Monday evenings, we will meet in person to write for an extended time together and read aloud what we've written. For those of you whose palms have immediately begun to sweat, rest easy. Sharing is optional.
This spring marks the 30th anniversary of Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones. We will draw heavily from Bones throughout the month. Please purchase a copy (any edition) if you don't own one already.
What to expect after 30 days of writing:
- A breakthrough of any writer's block you're experiencing
- A connection to a community of writers in Bend
- Material to incorporate into personal essays, short stories, novels, etc.
If you aren't able to commit to writing every day, no worries. The level of intensity of writing throughout the month is up to you.
- April Writing Intensive E-Book delivered to your inbox April 1
- Meet every Monday evening in April from 7-8:30 pm: April 4, 11, 18 and 25
- Meeting location: Sol Alchemy, 2150 NE Studio Rd, Bend, OR 97701
- Cost: $85
- To register, fill out the form below. Then mail a check to Sarah Cyr at 1804 NW Element Place, Bend, OR, 97703 or pay using Paypal.
This writing group has finished meeting. Check out Sarah's upcoming writing groups and workshops here, and sign up for Sarah's newsletter: