Join local writer Sarah Sennott Cyr for a series of creative non-fiction writing classes. Over the course of six weeks, you'll be guided through the process of writing a personal essay from conception stage to final product. What we'll cover:
- Choosing a topic
- How to trust your writing voice
- Structuring your piece for maximum readability and impact
- Outlets to share your writing (publication in literary magazines and on blogs, transformed into a story told live in front of an audience, etc.)
Sarah Sennott Cyr is a writer whose work has been published in Newsweek Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, Cosmopolitan and ARTnews. Two years ago, Cyr began a writing practice inspired by Natalie Goldberg (Writing Down the Bones). She now leads workshops based on this practice for writers, artists, and others.
What others have said about writing groups with Sarah:
- Sarah created a warm and safe space to explore the writing process...The whole experience was fun, creative and inspiring!
- I was finally able to break out of a 3-plus year writer's block and get some quality work written.
- I loved to write when I was younger. I chose a different path as I grew older and now I find myself in a career that doesn't feel like me. I joined Sarah's writing group to help me figure out a creative next step.
HOW TO REGISTER
Sarah will run two Writing to Share groups this winter. Choose either the Monday evening group or the Wednesday morning group when filling out the form below. There are no differences between the two groups other than the meeting time and location (same curriculum, same cost, etc). Class size is limited. Register early to secure your space.
Monday Evening Group
6 Monday Evenings Beginning January 9 (January 9 - February 13)
Location: Sol Alchemy, 2150 NE Studio Road, #5, Bend
Wednesday Morning Group
Still spots available!
6 Wednesdays Beginning January 18 (January 18 - February 22)
Location: Dudley's Bookshop, 135 NW Minnesota Ave, Bend
Register by filling out the form below. Then make a payment to secure your spot in the group using Paypal or by mailing a check to Sarah at 1804 NW Element Place, Bend, OR, 97703 (make the check out to Sarah Sennott Cyr).